Monday, December 26, 2005

Coming home!

So here's the lowdown on moi. I'm really homesick (which is very strange since I have almost never been homsick in my life). Joseph says that I have become an Islander now, since I want to go back there so badly!
It has been a challenge being here. [Bear with me folks... for some of you this may be redundant]. The language barrier has been a struggle for sure and since I have not been able to take language courses, my language development has been extremely slow. As a results it has been nearly impossible to form deep friendships. I know, most of you are saying 'she's only been there for a month!' But I'm used to making friends quite quickly, so it has been lonely to say the least. I miss my kindred spirits back home! The other reason is that I have little to fill my days with. The really big house cleaning jobs are done, so now it's basically maintenance. I do some of the cooking, minus the typical meals, of course! So, in short, I feel that my usefullness has expired. The plan is to return some time mid-January... haven't booked the flight yet, hopefully that will happen this week. I'll keep you posted...

8 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Shawn Cuthill said...

Ya ya ya, you're just sad and lonely cause your loverboy Billy has left you. I was at the airport tonight and I could see it all over his face...of course it could have been the jet lag from 10 hours of flying :)

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Yeah, Shawn that's it!!! I've been found out! Did you get to hear Bill laugh? Was it everything thhat you remembered it to be?

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Bev... we are all very glade you hear you are coming home soon we all missed ya lots.. Joseph has the house in a mess ;) so ya will have lots of cleaning to do no mantence hear;) just teasing ;) have a great day... I got new luggage for Christmas for my trip to Isreal should be lots of fun.... praying for ya Till then love Noel

ps. don't look up when a bird flys over you head :)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Thanks for the tip, Noël!!!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bev,
this is your cousin Jared just saying hi, hope you had a great christmas, i'm back in ontario now, so let me know if your ever in southern ontario again. Enjoy your last couple of weeks over there.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Jared!!!
Wow, so your finally done school, eh? Glad to be done with Dal?! Are you in Kingston? Looking for work? Hoping to visit Ont. soon after I get back from Switz... see you then!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger The Barretts said...

Hey Bev: Merry Christmas to you..being home sick is no fun. Hang in there; you'll be back in Canada before you know it! We're in PEI right now; wish you were here to hang out!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Wish I was there too! It would have been fun to hang out with everyone at New Year's!!! Jamin's Opera House is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home