Sunday, December 25, 2005

God Bless Us, Everyone!

Well, I just got in from walking the dog... and the bells annouced that Christmas Day is over for another year.
This one was memorable for me. Mainly because I spent it in a foreign country. Also because I did all the cooking... usually that is left to the matriarchs in the family, a position of which I have yet to attain. Europeans celebrate Christmas on its Eve so technically it was over for me yesterday. We had our dinner and opened presents all within 2 hours. This was also a new experience for me since that whole affair in our family usually takes the entire day, literally! Supper, I have to say, was fair. Not too bad for my first Christmas dinner, but more practise is definately needed! It didn't help that just as I was about to serve the meal in walks Ben... with a huge flat screen TV (the boys had ordered it and Ben thought it would be a great surprise to deliver it on Christmas), which absolutely had to be set up at that very moment! Needless to say, dinner was on the lukewarm side, but all found it enjoyable, present company excluded. (Although I did a good job on the gravy, which is an extremely rare occurance.) Let me compare it to someone who has experienced Heaven (perhaps Erin can relate since she has been know to eaten it several times!!!) and then returns to Earth only to be disappointed by it's beauty. That was dinner for me... since the matriarchs have made Christmas dinner absolute perfectionover the course of my life, it has spoiled it now for me because my meal could hardly compare to the divinity of a Christmas dinner around the table of my youth.
Where in the name of time did that come from?!?! Poetic, eh?!? Yeah, so that'll never happen again... or not for another couple of months at least! Haha... hope you enjoyed!
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas, however it was celebrated!
Blessings to everyone!
P.S. The wacko picture, that you have been forced to gaze upon for the last few days, is some bizzare lamp from Ikea that Gina just loved! Yeah, Europeans have weird tastes! Stay tuned for more games...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home