Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Covenant for the New Year

I am no longer my own, but Yours, O Lord. I am weary of living only for myself. Take me over and put me on the course of doing Your will. Move me where You will. Place me among those of Your own choosing. If this means suffering, give me the strength to pass through it with joy. If it means setting aside the things of this world, help me to do so glady. If it places in submission to others, grant me the dignity of Christ. If it means personal sacrifice, fill me with the Holy spirit to be my courage and my comfort. For now, O glorious and blessed God, You are mine and I am Yours. So be it, into the coming year and until the end of my days. May this covenant I have made on earth be ratified in Heaven.
To Your greater glory, O Father. Amen.
This was in our bulletin this morning. And since I've been attending a Presbyterian church here, this was a congregational reading to be prayed in unison. Ironically enough, at the same moment that I'm typing this up, I'm listening to 'I need Thee Every Hour' sing by Jars of Clay... how I will need Him every hour if this covenant is to be met out!
Looking back on this past year, it has been absolutely amazing! I have a great network of friends who love Jesus. And they have taught me much. I have grown closer to God this year... learned a lot of lessons, some hard and some a little easier, a few of them outlined in the above prayer. My insight into life has developed nicely but there is always more growing to do, isn't there? I have travelled and met His people in Europe! And got to see some more of this world that He has made... that's always my most favorite thing!
May everyone take a moment today to reflect on the past year. May you thank God for what He has done in your life thus far and and look forward with joy to what He has yet to do in your life.
Happy New Year, everyone!

8 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just caught up on all your blogs!! Can't wait to have you home.
Miss and love you tons.
Amanda

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Year (a.k.a. sylvester) was fun. we went to Gloria's and had game tournaments and the best part was that my aunt offered to babysit!

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very encouraging Bev! You're such a blessing and joy to all of our friends! We love and miss you. It won't be too much longer until you're home again, take care!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the International Protestant Church of Zurich.... :'-)

And yes, now I am off to update my blog...

Bill

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Thanks, Shelbs!!! Only 19 more sleeps!!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girl Bev..

As usual am horrible at keeping in touch as I told you I would, but I have read every one of your blogs and miss you SO much. Thanks for the encouraging blog about reflection, I definitely have lots to be thankful for - including you!

So wanna go and hang out in the Haven, JinJan, Ferrat Gerrat, Dock, BoyScout Camp (hahah)..

Cant wait to talk again,
Andy

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Do I ever, Andy!!! Could go for some serious canoing right now!!! Miss you so much! Don't you wish we could go back to all our favorite times... if so I'd be at Camp every single summer (as long as the rest of us were there as well!) I miss my Haven!

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bev
how are you? i am missing you and i hope we senn us again in canada or in the switzerland. so the weather here is so cold o my god... :-) bye jasi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home