Friday, January 06, 2006

Let them eat cake!



Here's a picture of the Black Forest in Germany. I was there a few weeks ago now, but I'll be going back tomorrow for a few hours. Reminded me that I was supposed to post a picture of it earlier!
Well, I've been a little busy the past few days. Trying to figure out a place to stay in Rome... so far I'm sleeping on the street! I've got a bunch of names of places but not very many look promising. Either there are bedbugs, or the propietor's a little creepy towards the femmes, or the main theme of the hostel is drink, drink, drink!, etc. Can't understand the rational of people who go to foreign countries and drink their time away, so much for making memories! One place I found sounds perfect but they haven't replied to my email... oh well, it'll all work out! Also got my ticket to London and a hotel room to stay the first night, since I'll be arriving at around 11pm. After that... well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet!
Sent a box home today via the post because in my short time here I have acquired a few things, mainly Christmas gifts, and since my bags were already significantly overweight when I first came I thought it would be a good idea to send a few things (15kgs worth) ahead of me.
I'm getting quite adept at hanging out with people who can hardly speak English... and I actually have a good time! Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Gina's parents. We went for a lovely walk in the mountains around Baden, the nearest city to me and where they live. Today I went shopping with Jasmine, Flave's girlfriend. Her English is fair, much better than my German so I can't say too much, and we have good laugh sometimes trying to figure out what the other is saying! She's a really sweet girl and I think that we would be better friends if we could talk more easily. Bought a couple of scarves, and they are divine! Can't wait to wear them!

6 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger nathan said...

hmm... hostel's.... all I can think about is the trailer for the movie of the same name opening this weekend....I hope you find a place suitable... P.S. again nice pic.. What is the black forest?

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo!!! Thanks so much for the Birthday wish. It was a very long day as we drove back from T.O. in separate vehicles. Dad fixed the Blazer and I drove it up north.The Black Forest looks beautiful and I remember that it is very famous for something, what is it???? Good to see Andy's name in your comments,how's married life treating her???

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger The Book Worm said...

Hey Bev,
It'll be nice to have you home. Hope your able to find a place to stay in rome. . . . I'm rhyming. Thats kinda strange.
Sarah

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bev,

Just a note to say that we are thinking of you.

love,
Levi, Theresa and little Lydia

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Nate... saw the ad for the movie online... refuse to watch the trailer for obvious reasons! Black forest is a forest in the South of Germany. The Romans called it that because it was a dark and forbidding patch of trees. Now people go there for holidays... so Flave says!
Not sure what it's famous for mom... except Dad's fave cake! Probably lots of battles fought there or something. Andy loves married life!
Thanks for the rhyme, Sarah!
Nice to see you do get a spare minute now and then Tease and Levi!!!
Love y'all!

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bev...one thing i like most about your blogs is your titles!!! i love them!! GUESS WHAT??? pride and prejudice is coming back to the city cinemas and i do believe it will be playing the week you get home!!! can you believe it?? you gotta go ok?? i hope you do anyways when i saw that my heart lept for a moment cuz i thought we would actually get to see it together but i do believe i won't be here. anyways. miss ya love ya. erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home