Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What do I do?!

So... yes, I know. I have posted an entry in a dog's age! I've just been basking in the bliss of being home once again, give a girl a break!
Now that I'm home and back to the oh so wonderful mundane life on PEI, I find that I don't have as much to say... imagine that, Bev Clarke with nothing to say!!! Not true, I go over to the Barrett's on a weekly basis and talk Elsie's ear off! It's just such a novelity to participate in conversation again!
Work has been slow, but it making me rethink about what I want to do with my life. Haven't reached any solid conclusions yet, and probably won't til the conclusions are long gone, and then I'll look back and say 'Yeah, that's what I wanted!' It's funny what God does with your life. You always have a certain idea, then God does something else entirely and sometimes you don't even realize it. All these little things that shape who you are and what you will become. I even wonder at times, what God will do with my time in Switzerland. Will He use that in some bizarre way that I don't understand yet? I'm thinking He will. I have a sense that something in me changed while I was there. Whether I've come to realize that long term mission work isn't for me or simply to have a better understanding when praying for missionaries (as Elsie pointed out the other day). Still love missions and traveling but maybe more in a short term capacity. Also realized how much I love my church family and how much I need their close fellowship... there's no family like God's family!
I'm looking to apply at the hospital in Ch'town or maybe at Veteran's Affairs. Those are my options at the moment, so if you could pray for me that would be great!

8 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Shawn Cuthill said...

well...maybe I'll pray for you, if you link to my blog :)

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shameless self promotion, Cuthill. Just what I would expect from you people from-away!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure will do bud, call ya soon to catch up, hez

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Shawn Cuthill said...

the "from-away" people can get away with anything. Driving at ridiculous speeds, defacing public monuments, not waving to someone when they wave to you. being "from-away" is the life...but only when in PEI...cause when you're "away" it doesn't really count.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again Bev. I am back in the US now. Glad to be home. So where is this PEI? The place you call home. I have never heard of it. The weather is fine here in California. So how old are you? I am 26 years of age. I have just finished college and have degree in Sports Medicine. I am single and looking. But enough about me what do i not know about you. Tell me something interesting about Bev Clarke.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger The Book Worm said...

I'll be praying for you Bev.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Duffy said...

Missions rock!! God will definiely raise something out of that time in Switzerland, but, who knows what? Anyways, bless you and etc etc.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~Bev~

Welcome home luv! So glad that you're back in the country. Scott and I are praying for you that everything will work out job wise. I cant wait to chat and hear all the stories that you wont post on your blog! haha.. Any chance of camp again soon? Im thinking of returning for a bit this summer.. We'll chat.. Email me your phone number, its definitely my turn to call..

Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home