Friday, February 17, 2006

A few days later...

Oops! I meant to post sooner than this, but things got a little busy!
As most of you know, my dad is a shop teacher at my old high school (also his old high school) so I went in on Wed to get his class to change my oil... excellent learning experience for them and free for me, since Dad bought the oil and filter for me! Yeah, I'm a spoiled brat! My car can barely start in this cold weather, poor girl, but she does like the new oil! It's so unreal cold here... -21 and holding for the afternoon... do you think school would be cancelled on the Island for that? Probably!!! Heard you guys got some more snow... has it all melted again?!
Strange... every I come home to visit I always contemplate moving back to the North. And this time I've been thinking about it more and more... no worries, won't be happening too soon! Although I have been given a job offer already! I went in to see my mom at work but she was at her other office so I visited with the girls there to kill sometime before going to a hair appointment (since my hair dresser, as well as Amanda's, has died, very sad) with my old hair dresser. Anyways, the woman that runs the preschool needs an ECE and the deadline for application is today. It's a neat place, even though it's not a Christian organization almost all the people that work there are Christians, so it would be a great place to work... it was also my old preschool, so there are many... well a few anyways, I was only 3!... fond memories from there!
I know I would be taking a major pay cut but it would be so fun working with those little guys and my French would improve so much since most of the kids there would only speak French. And then last night, I went to my brother's hockey game and got talking to a friend of my parents and he was telling me there's a house for sale in town for $5000!!! And on a double lot! And it's not a dump! Yeah, things are cheaper up here for sure! Tell Joe he should buy a place here... he'd have no mortage! Probably won't buy it... actually for sure won't buy it... but one can always dream!
Anyways, I think I heard mom come in, and she's had my car all morning and I need to go to town... not that there's much to do there but there is a gym and I need a run... I miss having the treadmill just upstairs!!!

13 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger The Book Worm said...

I was thinking of you this morning and wondering what you were up to. I was guessing that you had gotten job offers. I guessed right. Glad your not planning on moving back just yet though. You've barely been on the island.
Miss you.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Rach B said...

hey stranger...I just found your blog..I shall now know what you are up to!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Ummm.... you work out?





Really?

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Noel said...

8:30 am terminal 3 :)

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marry me Bev

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger The Book Worm said...

A proposal!
I'm really curious about who the above commenter is. Do you have a secret admirer Bev.? Or is there something your not telling us? Or am I just completely in the dark :)


Oh and am I invited to the wedding? Provided that you say yes.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Anonymous must be crazy!!!!

Anonymous, do you KNOW what you just ASKED??? And of whom????

Don't you know that Bev has sworn against monogamous relationships? Haven't you heard that Bev thinks the institution of marriage is a sham?

Isn't that right, Bev???

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Dan, you're a shmuck! And probably the anon commenter... such a %#^@ disturber!!!
The admirer is probably not a true one, unfortunatley Sarah! And yes you will be invited to the wedding if ever one occurs in my life!

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger shauna marie said...

what if Mr. Anonymous was being really serious. Like, he's watched you, what you do for people, how you act, how you talk...see's you from afar, prays about you, seeks our Father about you...and he was serious? He just couldn't hold it in anymore? WHAT IF, BEV?

ps...if this ever happens with Mr. Anonymous....find out if he has a bro'.

j/k. love you Bev, and miss you. Was looking at pics today of me you and celeste and erin of that last sunday I was here, and we went out for lunch. Miss you girl. Why don't you come visit me out here?

xoxoxoxo

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Hahaha! Wouldn't that be a dream, Shauna!
Miss you too girl... don't tempt me to come out there, cuz you know I will! Just a little low on funds at the moment... should start working some time!!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev!!! Don't you dare think about moving there yet!!!
Oh and guess what, Josn and Colleen are coming to PEI for the summer, so get your butt home.

And Dan, I thought you were going to change your blog so anyone could post..you probably don't know how. hehe

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda
That wasn't very nice Dan is very smart you should never question a smart man namely when he doesn't really know.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, saw your name on the list for the conference on the weekend...are you actually coming?...if so you'll have to fill me in on this guy and the plans missy

hez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home