Monday, March 06, 2006

Wherefore at thou...

... Mr. Darcy?
All the girls have just figured out that I FINALLY just finished watching Pride & Prejudice. What a great movie, of course my favorite line is, "You have bewitched me, body and soul." I bought it ladies, so we'll be getting together soon upon my return to have a chick flick night.
I know Shauna will agree and relate, but where have all the Mr. Darcy's gone? I was having a good converastion with a certain Mr. Hughes the other day, and you know when you have the feeling that you're just kinda coasting through this part of your life til the next stage? I think for single friends this stage in life is the hardest and we want to get through it fast to get it over with. You know... real life begins once we're married? So false, but that's the way most of us feel (self included) most of the time. It has been a challenge for me at times to really embrace life, and love this single stage cuz once it's gone, baby, y'ain't gettin' it back! I often joke that I'm so busy I don't have time for a boyfriend, but if my 'Mr. Darcy' made himself known, I'm sure I would make the time!!!
Looking forward to the next stage in life, glad it hasn't happened yet because it don't think I would have had the opprotunity to do half the things that I have done in this short life. You can thank the Lord and all His wisdom for that!
Had a great weekend! Went to Pearson Airport on Saturday morning to hang out with the gang going to Israel... was so tempted to go... even had my passport on me, which is strange, usually I don't keep it in my purse but there it was! After that, hung out with Tim Hughes for the afternoon then we went to Leaside Bible Chapel for a Praise and Worship night, it was great... first time there, but most of the gang there are former Greenwood people so I knew just about everybody! Got a wicked headache, borderline migrain, at the end of the night, still had to drive an hour home via the 401, not fun having a headache then all those lights shining everywhere! Didn't make it Rossland Ridge in the morning cuz I still felt sick, so I missed Catherine, Chrissy, etc. So now I'm just having a peaceful time til I start on my long way home... which I thought would be tomorrow, because I thought tomorrow was Wed but alas it's only Monday today... never gotten 2 days ahead of myself before! Can only mean one thing... I've been off work for far too long!
P.S. Val, can you send me that blog that you had told me about, forgot the name of it.

8 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger The Book Worm said...

Did you really buy Pride & Prejudice? I really want to see that!
A guy is out there for you Bev (for me too I hope). I'm sure of it.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger matthieu said...

i've never seen pride and prejudice and i never want to see that

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Bev,

You're just saying all that love-the-single-life crap to make yourself feel better about missing the chance to get me... I know. It's okay. A close second should do you fine...

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great movie eh...think that's what my amazon certificate is going towards. You'll get your Mr.Darcy someday, but remember that means you'll think he's a jerk at first.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Sarah, we'll get together for sure to watch it! It's so good I'm tempted to watch it again tonight... maybe just the ending!
Matt, I would be a little concerned if you did want to watch P&P!
Yeah, Dan... shucks... and with Derek getting married, that only leaves me with Mr. Dippity-Do dry hair only... got his number?!?!
Hez! Know any good jerks for me?!?!

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev, Can't wait till you come home. So you'll be home on Friday??? Can't wait to watch P&P with you. Sounds like we'll have to have a girls night and watch some chick flicks. Can't wait to see you. Love and miss ya lots!!!!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dennis and Valerie said...

Preach it Bev! You have amazing opportunites that I envy in some ways. Live it for Him! :) (((HUGS))) I'm trying to figure out how to send you the blog site. Maybe Dennis has your email address.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not one word about how much fun she has with her wonderful aunt...... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home